Interviewed by Checkatrade
Limited company checked
Checkatrade standard signed
CLICK HERE TO GET A FREE ESTIMATE NOW USING OUR ONLINE ESTIMATOR!!!
CLICK Videos of Our Work To View Our Latest Installs.
SJB Sash Windows has been serving since 2001. We specialise in Making, Fitting & Servicing Sash Windows.
Our Staff offer quality and reliable products & services you can count on. In addition, our friendly and professional staff are here to answer any questions you may have about our services.
Replacement Sash Windows
SJB proudly offers a bespoke timber window replacement service with the new windows expertly manufactured to match your original windows as closely as is possible.
All our new joinery is spray painted in our workshop using white micro-porous paints which come in a choice of matt or gloss.
Our new windows are made from either Hardwood Sapele or Accoya timber. They are fully spray painted, double glazed and draught proofed, and the sashes are hung on a quality white nylon cord and weights. Included in the price are a full set of fittings complete with key operated restrictor locks. If there is any damage to window surrounds we will make good using cement fillet on the outside and plastering on the inside.
Once installation is complete a CERTASS certificate is provided for your house records.
Overhaul & Draught Proofing
- We begin by removing your existing sash windows and weights. Old cords, parting, fittings and staff beads are disposed of as we will replace them all.
- To ensure smooth movement upon re-assembly we will remove excess paint and debris on the pulley style of the box frame and sashes.
- As a matter of course we will repair any small areas of rot damage that might have been missed at the survey stage.
- The pulley wheels will be serviced using WD40 to help them run smoothly.
- The top sash is planned to suit your existing box frame.
- We will weigh the sashes to ensure correct balance and the weights will be adjusted as necessary.
- Loose putty will be replaced and any weak sash joints found will be glued, screwed and filled with resin.
- We will install new nylon sash cords along with the correct weights.
- Next sashes are routered so to allow us to discreetly apply our track and brush along the sides of the sash and at the top head of the top sash.
- The top sash will be reinstated and of course checked for a smooth operation.
- We install new parting beads and sealant is used to seal any small holes ensuring protection from the weather.
- The bottom sash meeting rail and the sides of the sash will be draught proofed. As previously we use a brush pile weather seal to discreetly ensure an effective seal.
- We plane or pack the lower sash as required to ensure the meeting rails sit level, before then hanging on the cords.
- Upon checking the lower sash for smooth operation we fit, new staff beads are mitre to fit. To ensure that it is entirely draught proofed between the upper and lower sash these are supplied with brush pile weather seal.
- A full set of window fittings will be installed and we offer a choice of finish brass, satin chrome or polished chrome. This includes sash lifts, external pull down handles, centre catch and two key-operated security restrictor bolts.
- Finally we undercoat any bare timber.
- Upon completion of the job dust sheets are removed and we vacuum the room leaving you with a rattle free, overhauled, draught proofed and secure window.
- Please note: this is not a complete decoration service. The window may still require preparation and painting after we have completed our work. The general condition of the paintwork will remain the same.
Sash, box frame and sill repair
If parts of your frame or sills are rotten, or if stiles and linings are coming to the end of their useful life we can return your windows to full working order. Our skilled staff employ a number of different methods depending on whichever is most suitable for the task in hand, from resin filler to replacement with hardwood, we will blend all our work in seamlessly.
Problems with cords and sash spiral balancers are a frequent issue. The wear and tear on such an integral moving part of your window means that at some point your cord will no doubt need servicing. If your window has become difficult to open and shut we will replace the cord; in some cases the cord may have snapped altogether. Our service also offers a rebalancing of the sash windows, and adding or replacing of weights where needed.
Carshalton, Surrey , SM5 1DF
Richmond, Barnes, Battersea, Brixton, Bromley, Chelsea&, Knightsbridge, Clapham, Croydon, Hammersmith, Chiswick, Wimbledon & more, please call for details.