Interviewed by Checkatrade
1 accreditation checked
Checkatrade standard signed
If you're trying to plan your bathroom - where do you start?
Well, you actually start with where you can run waste pipes and work backwards to the best possible layout you can have considering the structure of your house.
I can advise you where you can and can't hole or notch through joists for pipes / cables, where you can & can't chase walls as well. This is important - you should see some of the disasters I have found - take a look at my "bodger Watch" link from my website. www.complete-home-electrics.co.uk
Bathroom works include the following
- Removal & replacement of partition walls
- Bath to shower rooms (or the other way around)
- Alter all the hot & cold plumbing & radiator to towel rail plumbing
- Floor & wall tilling
- Installation of all items, showers, baths, w.c.'s, basins, vanity / base / wall units etc
- Vinyl flooring
- All electrical items in bathrooms (see below)
I am fully qualified electrically and can issue an Electrical Certificate and notify Building Control that works are in accordance with Part P of the Regulations (electrical safety requirements).
When using your bath/shower room your skin is more electrically conductive which is why the Wiring Regulations make Bath/shower rooms a "Special Location", I am sure you would want the following done properly;-
- Electric Showers
- Power for shower pumps
- Electric element / dual fuel / summer time element for a towel rail
- New lights and switches
- Extractor fans & switch
- Under tile heat mat & control unit
OTHER ELECTRICAL WORKS ;-
- New / replacement sockets / power outlets
- New / replacement lights &/or switches
- Power supplied out to sheds/garages etc
- New/replacement consumer units (fuse boxes)
- All Electrical work for loft conversions & side extensions, kitchens etc
- Electrical Installation Condition Report (that's if you didn't get an Electrical Certificate for work done by someone else within 21 days of the completion date)
- Electric Vehicle Charging points - you can charge your electric car at home and a charging point MAY increase the value of your house
- Upgrade earthing, install earth rods
Most electricians these days don't follow the Wiring Regulations properly, they miss a section at the front - to make it cheaper, but it's not as safe, phone & ask me for an explanation .
I'm registered with NAPIT (check out www.napit.org) and I am tested every year on my full compliance.
If you want to see more about my qualifications & background search for me on www.linkedin.com
Please feel free to take a look at my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu4l6zQI1xG-EZ0cqST5Exw
Burgess Hill, West Sussex, RH15 0PS
Burgess Hill, Chailey, Danehill, Hassocks, Haywards Heath, Henfield, Horstead Keynes, Hurstpierpoint, Lewes, Mid Sussex Generally, Patcham