Durham Plumbing Company only employ fully apprentice trained plumbing / heating and Gas Safe registered engineers, using the latest technology and safe working practices.
Durham Plumbing Company has been established within the building services industry for over 30 years and has amassed an unrivaled amount of knowledge and expertise. We offer a service that is truly second to none. Below is a list of the services we offer in the central heating and gas installation/maintenance areas. If you have a specific request or requirement that you do not see on this page please do not hesitate to contact us on;
0191 386 7274 / 07985 942459 or you can email us at - [email protected]
Services we offer include;Heating -
boiler installation/servicing/radiators/pumps/pressure flow/thermostatic radiator valves/heating controllers & timers/tanks/thermostats/cylinders/power flushing system cleaning.Gas Installation and safety services
- gas landlords safety certificates/gas boiler installations/gas services/gas leaks/gas repairs/gas fires/gas hobs/gas cookers
Be Gas Safe!
Points to know about the dangers of Carbon Monoxide and Gas Safety...
Keeping you safe is our number one priority at Durham Plumbing Company
The understanding of Carbon Monoxide can save lives.
Carbon Monoxide is a highly poisonous gas that is very difficult to detect as you cannot see, smell or taste it. You may not be aware of its presence until it is too late, as Carbon Monoxide has no taste, smell or colour!
- High levels of Carbon Monoxide exposure can prove to be fatal, even low exposure can cause lasting damage.
- Carbon Monoxide is known as the silent killer, and people do die each year as a result of Carbon Monoxide poisoning, many more are seriously injured.
The symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning can be similar to flu.
If you are suffering from Carbon Monoxide poisoning you may suffer from: Headaches, Nausea, General lethargy, Dizziness, Flu-like symptoms that appear to get better when you are away from the area.
Asking yourself some basic questions may help you to assess the situation:
- Do the symptoms ease or disappear when you are away from the house, e.g. on holiday, but recur on returning home?
- Are the symptoms related to the use of a fuel burning appliance?Carbon Monoxide is difficult to detect but there are some simple signs to look out for:
- Are the symptoms worse in the winter, when the heating is in use?
- Staining, “Sooting” or discoloration on or around your gas boiler, fire and water heater.
- Keep air vents in doors, walls or windows clear and make sure your chimney or flue isn’t blocked.
- Check pilot lights and other gas flames that normally burn blue. If the flame changes to yellow or orange, CO might be present.- Have your appliances and flues checked by DPHC annually.
D.P.H.C. Plumbing Company - 0191 386 7274 (OFFICE)
Emergency Mobile - 07985 942459
Durham, Chester Le Street, Durham