Interviewed by Checkatrade
1 accreditation checked
Limited company checked
Checkatrade standard signed
*** availability in December & gladly taking bookings for 2020! ***
I'm Oliver J Scarth - A 3rd Generation Painter & Decorator with over 15 Years under my belt. I prefer to be called Ollie, as it more friendly and approachable, and thats how i was my future clients to see me.
- Im proud I've finally gone self employed, after all the years of ifs and buts, but I am very newly established (Oct 2019), previously i worked for the family business, along side my Father & Uncles, since i left school back in 2004
- I am a Limited Company trading under the name Scarths Decorating LTD,
What Can i Do For You?
Firstly, i can give you an insight into my extensive knowledge and ability to use a vast array of products within the painting & decorating industry, whether it be....
- Durable emulsions, Enamels, Stainblocks etc
- Waterbased Topcoats (Gloss, Satin, Varnishes, Stains, Intelligent Coatings (all these cover both internal and external finishes),
- The process of the eradication of Black Mould
- Theres a vast array of lining papers, wether a simple 1200/1400 grade paper for unsightly walls, or a thermal lining paper for those cold external walls or even better... sound proofing lining paper, giving you that added privacy
- Decided new Kitchen Cupboards or even Bedroom Furniture is a bit pricey at the moment? well fear not, with the help of a High Adhesion Primer & your choice of topcoat & colour,theses can be given a new leaseiu of life.
- Kids bedroom/playroom need a bit of something extra? how about a Glitter Wall or Ceiling?, a Blackboard Wall? a Dry Wipe Whiteboard Wall? or even as crazy as it sounds a Magnetic Wall!
- Installation of wall murals & where best to buy them, installation of Wallpapers, wether it be £5 a roll or £105 a roll, A Feature wall or full room, either way its a therapeutic thing to do, and looks stunning afterwards.
Things i Believe In As A Time Served Decorator...
- Preparation Is Key, if you don't prep well, you may as well just not bother,
- Sheeting up, Masking up & most importantly, this starts at the front door, sticky carpet protector, boot covers, dust sheets & zip up door protection (yes thats a thing)
- Bumping ( the art of finishing something in one coat) not my style, i don't do it in my own home, i won't do it in yours!
- Communication Is Key! when my day on the job is over and i head home, that doesn't mean my phone gets switched off, if a client rings, and has a question or query about the work so far, then no matter day or night, that will be answered.. if i receive a missed call, its only courteous i ring back, they're paying for my services, they have a right to ask and be kept updated.
when i watched the video on here about how to present your profile, it told me to keep it professional, and that i am, a professional through and through, but somethings just need to be said...
Coffee, 2, Bit of Milk, ;)
I look forward to hearing from you.
Morley, Leeds, West Yorkshire
Leeds, Wakefield, Bradford, Harrogate, Castleford, York, Sheffield, Barnsley, Otley, Ilkley, Batley, Dewsbury, Bingley, Shipley, Huddersfield