Interviewed by Checkatrade
3 accreditations checked
Checkatrade standard signed
Hetas approved and Sweep Safe Certified
As a full time Firefighter I have seen first-hand what can happen when chimneys are poorly maintained. I have learnt that fire prevention is better than firefighting.
My focus is always on the customer and ensuring that not only is their chimney swept using the best possible methods but that they get an excellent customer service too.
I am trained in the use of traditional rod and brush techniques as well as modern power sweeping methods using the most up to date equipment and work to an Industry standard Code of Conduct and Code of Practice.
• Firstly on arrival I will externally inspect the chimney stack, chimney pots and cowls for any safety issues such as cracks, staining from smoke leaking and unsuitable chimney terminations.
• Before I bring any equipment into your house I will carefully position sheets around the hearth, floor and if necessary over furniture. I will then inspect the fire and flue and decide on the appropriate sweeping method to use. The fire openings will now be sealed prior to sweeping commencing to ensure all of the soot is contained within the fire place.
• The brush will be passed the whole length of the flue until it can be seen to have exited the top of the chimney guaranteeing that the whole length of the flue has been swept. All the soot removed from the flue will have been contained within the fireplace and at this stage it will be removed using an industrial vacuum with HEPA filtration.
Smoke Evacuation Test
• After I have finished sweeping, ensured everything is clean and tidy and replaced anything that needed moving I will conduct a smoke evacuation test to check that the chimney is now safely drawing all the smoke up and out of the chimney.
• Any issues that I have discovered whilst sweeping the chimney will be explained to the customer and detailed on the NACS Certificate of sweeping that I give to the customer after every sweep. I will also give advice as to how to resolve the issues discovered. Any questions that the customer may have will be answered so as to give them peace of mind when using their fire. If these occur after I have left then please feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to help.
Having your Chimney Swept and regularly inspected will reduce the risk of chimney fires and carbon monoxide poisoning.
Clean Chimneys are Safer Chimneys!!
Southborough, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 0HN
Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Maidstone, Sevenoaks, Edenbridge, Kent
Crowborough, Uckfield, East Sussex