From her appearance on ‘Keeping Up With the Kardashians’ to her modelling career and even her makeup business Kylie Cosmetics, everything about Kylie Jenner is glamorous. So, is it any surprise that her home glam room is no different?
With rows of gorgeous pink products, mirrored walls and super smart storage solutions, it’s the makeup room of dreams. And although Kylie had a company called A Detailed Life come in to organise her beauty room for her, creating a similar setup of your own is totally doable.
So, if you’ve always dreamed of having your own glam room to get ready in, we’ve laid out exactly how much a Kylie Jenner beauty room costs.
|Item||Unit||Range - low||Range - high||Average cost|
|Mirrored walls (2,400 mm high)||Per linear m||£190||£220||£205|
|Bespoke glass shelving||Per linear m||£80||£120||£100|
|Makeup drawers||Per set||£500||£2,000||£1,250|
To get that seriously upscaled look, you’ll want to invest in mirrored walls. Not only will they make the whole space feel bright and classy, but they’re also vital for checking your appearance from every angle as you make use of all the products you’ve stashed in your beauty room!
You’ll want to allow at least £170 per linear metre for the mirrors themselves, and then a further £20 per linear metre for a joiner to install battens and fix the mirrors to the wall.
You could also speak to a specialist ‘wrapping’ company to see if they’re able to offer any alternatives to mirrored walls. You never know, it could work out cheaper!
Glam room bathroom
If you’ve got the space and budget then it’s definitely worthwhile adding a glam room ensuite. We’re envisaging something equally as indulgent as the beauty room itself – think swanky tiling paired with a seriously fluffy bathmat to sink your toes into!
The average bathroom cost for both materials and installation is between £1,500 and £7,500.
What could be better for showing off all your beauty products than glass shelving? Glass shelves will keep the room looking light, bright and super glam, but they don’t have to break the bank. You can pick them up online from around £9 upwards.
If you want to level up your beauty room still more, you could go one step further and get a bespoke glass shelving system made and fitted. This would cost somewhere in the region of £80 per linear metre.
Find an experienced handyman near you
You can’t have a beauty room without drawers. After all, everyone needs at least a few drawers to hide any messy-looking objects away out of sight!
Of course, you can get hold of a chest of drawers easily online, but we’d recommend getting a cabinet maker who’ll be able to build you a bespoke solution to suit the glamorous look you’re going for. For a basic bespoke cabinet or chest of drawers, you’re looking at around £1,000.
Don’t forget to accessorise your space to make it feel truly luxurious. Here are a few things we’d recommend to finish off the look.
- Pictures on the walls: A handyman can help you fix picture frames to the walls for around £25 per hour.
- Feature lighting: Budget around £1,000 for an electrician and materials for the day to install some wow-worthy feature lighting.
- Ring light: A ring light is a must for taking some seriously likeable selfies. You could spend just £5 for a very basic one, or up to £1,000 for a more professional setup.
- Seating: Don’t forget to add some comfy chairs. We’re coveting Ufurnish’s gorgeous seating range.
- Upholstery: Why not upcycle some old seating by getting an upholsterer in? An upholsterer will usually charge around £250 per day. Plus, leave around £150 per day for materials.
- A joiner can help you to fix mirrors to the walls of your glam room.
- Glass shelving is both cost-effective and a great addition to the glamorous look.
- Consider getting a bespoke cabinet made to hide away messy items.
- An upholsterer can help you to upcycle old seating.
Find an experienced handyman near you
Also in this project
Tell us what you think
What others think of this cost guide:
Need More Information?