1. What is the Offer?
If an existing Checkatrade Member (“Existing Member”) recommends another trade to become a Checkatrade Member (“Recommended Member”) and the Recommended Member meets the Eligibility Criteria set out below, the Existing Member and the Recommended Member may each be entitled to claim an Amazon.co.uk e-gift card (the “Gift Card”) up to the value of £200 (the “Offer”).
The Offer is subject to these Offer Terms and Conditions
2. What are the key Offer Terms and Conditions?
- The Recommended Member must meet the Eligibility Criteria (see section 3).
- The Existing Member and the Recommended Member will each need to separately claim the Gift Card within 6 months of receiving the link from Checkatrade (see section 4).
- The Existing Member and the Recommended Member will each need to be a Checkatrade Member when claiming the Gift Card.
- There are Gift Card terms and conditions from Amazon (see section 5).
- This Offer may be changed or withdrawn by Checkatrade at any time.
3. What are the Eligibility Criteria?
For the Existing Member and Recommended Member to be eligible to claim the Gift Card, the Recommended Member must:
- Have quoted the Existing Member’s membership ID when applying for Checkatrade Membership;
- Have applied for Checkatrade Membership within a month of the Existing Member receiving the Offer from Checkatrade;
- Have passed Checkatrade’s vetting process;
- Paid at least 1 month’s Membership Fees.
Together these are the “Eligibility Criteria”.
4. When will the Gift Card be sent?
The Existing Member and Recommended Member will each need to individually claim their Gift Card using the following process.
If the Recommended Member meets the Eligibility Criteria, Checkatrade will email both the Existing Member and the Recommended Member separately within a reasonable period thereafter with a link to a webpage where they can each claim their Gift Card (the “Claim Email”).
The Claim Email will include a link to a webpage (the “Claim Link”) where the Member claiming the Gift Card (the “Claiming Member”) will be required to enter the specific information requested by Checkatrade, including but not limited to the Claiming Member’s Member ID, to enable Checkatrade to verify that the Claiming Member is eligible for a Gift Card. The Claiming Member must be a Checkatrade Member at the time of claiming the Gift Card.
If the Claiming Member is eligible, the Gift Card will be sent to the primary email address registered with the Claiming Member’s Checkatrade Membership account within 30 days after the Claiming Member has submitted the required information via the Claim Link.
The Claim Link will expire 6 months after the date of the Claim Email, and the Gift Card will not be available to claim after this date.
5. Are there any Gift Card specific terms and conditions?
- The Gift Card will be issued by Amazon EU S.à r.l. (“Gift Card Provider”). Checkatrade will give your name and email address to the Gift Card Provider enable them to issue the Gift Card to you.
- The Gift Card is subject to the terms and conditions of the Gift Card Provider which can be found here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200272910
- You may use the Gift Card at Amazon.co.uk only
- Gift Cards expire 10 years from the date of issuance.
- The risk of loss and title for Gift Card passes to you upon the Gift Card Provider’s electronic transmission of the Gift Card to you. You must make sure you keep the Gift Card safe and do not share the unique gift card code with anyone else.
- The Gift Card Provider is not responsible if any Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission.
6. Is there anything else I need to know?
- The Offer is personal to the recipient and is not transferable to any other person or company.
- There is no limit to the number of Recommended Members that an Existing Member may recommend.
- There may only be one Existing Member for each Recommended Member.
- If the Recommended Member is re-joining Checkatrade and has outstanding debt with Checkatrade, Checkatrade may withhold the Recommended Member’s Gift Card until such outstanding debt is settled.
- This Offer is not available to Recommended Members who have been a Checkatrade Member in the 12 months prior to application as a Recommended Member.
- Should the Recommended Member indicate their wish to accept the Offer and provide the Member ID of the Recommended Member when applying for Checkatrade Membership, the Offer will be automatically applied. The Recommended Member’s application for Membership to include the Offer is your acceptance of these Offer Terms and Conditions.
- This Offer is subject to both the Existing Member’s and Recommended Member’s compliance with the Membership Agreement (https://www.checkatrade.com/membership-terms). If the Existing Member and/or the Recommended Member fail to comply with the Membership Agreement prior to receipt of the Gift Card, Checkatrade reserves the right to withdraw eligibility of either or both of the Existing Member and Recommended Member to receive a Gift Card. If either Member fails to comply with the Membership Agreement after receipt of the Gift Card and the Membership of that Member is terminated, Checkatrade may (at its sole discretion and without prejudice to its other rights and remedies under the Membership Agreement) require that Member to reimburse the cost of the Gift Card to Checkatrade.
- Where a word has a capital letter it will have the meaning defined in these Offer Terms and Conditions. Where the meaning it not defined in these Offer Terms and Conditions, the word will have the meaning as set out at https://www.checkatrade.com/definitions-and-interpretation.
- Checkatrade will not be responsible for any loss or theft or damage to the Gift Card, nor will it be liable to replace or reimburse the value of a lost, stolen, damaged or faulty Gift Card.
- This Offer may be changed or withdrawn by Checkatrade at any time. However, should the Recommended Member sign up prior to the date of change or withdrawal, Checkatrade will honour the Offer.
- Checkatrade reserves the right to substitute the Gift Card with another gift card of equal or greater value if the Gift Card is not available or cannot be provided. The Gift Card is non-transferable, and no cash alternative will be given.
- The Offer is for one Gift Card only per Checkatrade Membership.
- The Offer is in substitute for the Refer a Friend Offer set out at https://join.checkatrade.com/terms-and-conditions.
- This Offer is available in addition to any other Checkatrade offers and promotions.
- A waiver of any right or remedy under the Offer Terms and Conditions or by law shall not be deemed a waiver of any other or subsequent right or remedy.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law: a) Checkatrade’s total liability to you arising out of or in connection with these Offer Terms and Conditions whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise shall in be limited to the value of the Voucher to which you are entitled or £200, whichever is lower; and b) Checkatrade shall not be liable to you for any loss of profits, sales or business, or any indirect or consequential losses.