We know it’s an uncertain time right now – keeping ourselves and our families healthy is priority number one. But, we also know that many of you will still need support with home improvement emergencies and projects which may involve one of our 48,000 vetted, reviewed and monitored tradespeople, and we wanted to reassure you about the steps we’re taking to protect the wellbeing of our tradespeople and their customers.
What Checkatrade is doing;
- We’ve introduced a video calling option on our website, and we’re encouraging our trade members to accept video calls through WhatsApp in order to carry out quotes
- If meeting in person is necessary, our professional tradespeople are taking extra precautions in line with government regulations – from washing their hands more regularly, to keeping hand sanitiser close by and paying attention to their own health
- We’re keeping up to date with government advice and updating our tradespeople when we see major changes which may change how they need to carry out business
- We’ve also announced that we will be financially supporting our trades at this uncertain time. Trade members can read more about this in the members-only Checkatrade Community.
We’re all in this together and there are also ways that you can help – ensuring your own home improvement projects stay on track:
- Consider going digital: You and your tradespeople might prefer to embrace technology and use photos or videos for quotes, rather than in person visits
- Health comes first: If anyone in your household feels unwell or has any symptoms linked to the virus, such as a new, continuous cough or high temperature, it’s very important to tell your tradesperson
- Stay in touch with suppliers: Keep in contact with suppliers for assurances that your deliveries will arrive as planned. As always, it’s sensible to wait for materials to arrive before commencing a project
- Be considerate: We know it’s not always possible, but if you can, please give our tradespeople as much notice as possible if you do need to change the dates of planned works
- Government advice: The official government guidance for staying healthy can be found here
Our trades are working incredibly hard to support their customers right now. If you need help from one of them, Checkatrade’s 50,000 recommended, vetted and monitored tradespeople are here for you – and we know they appreciate your support at this uncertain time.