Seasonally, this marks the time for a national spring clean! Whether it’s clearing out your old cupboards, rearranging your wardrobe or tackling those basement dust bunnies, it’s the perfect opportunity to start afresh. This extends to digital renewals too. Why not revamp your Checkatrade profile to give it a spring in its step in time for Easter?
Standing out from the crowd is essential, which is why we’ve put together this useful guide to help you get started.
Clean up your image
Every business needs a consistent brand. You don’t have to go overboard. Sometimes, all your need is a clean, bold logo, pictures of you and your team, and maybe a summary of your USP (unique selling point). What makes you different from your competitors? What do you have to offer that they don’t? Be sure to highlight it!
Declutter your text
People don’t like big chunks of text. They want to know as much about you in as few words as possible. Think about updating your Checkatrade profile text so it’s short, snappy and professional. It needs to reflect what you do and why you’re good at it without over-explaining. A quick trick to writing summaries is to use the SHORT method.
- Start with a brief introduction
- Highlight your top skills (include qualifications, accreditations, certifications etc).
- Outline your USP (why you’re different)
- Review your summary (check for errors)
- Tidy it up so it’s no more than 150 words
Top tip: Be mindful of customers who need extra precautions taken around Covid but still want work completed. Consider writing a section about this in your profile text.
Present your best self
It’s easy to let things slide in lockdown. When we trade workboots for slippers, overalls for pyjamas and inside jobs for outside jobs, those finishing touches are pushed down the priority list. However, now is the perfect time to dust yourself off and do yourself (and your business) up!
Here are some top tips.
- Link your Checkatrade profile, website, and professional social media sites to each other. There should be easy follow-links across all of your marketing efforts to ensure your pages are easy to find.
- If you have an office space at home, is this kept tidy? It might be the perfect time to file that paperwork, dust that desk, and enter the spring months on a squeaky clean footing.
- If you own a van, take the opportunity to give it a scrub and polish so it shines as bright as your talent.
- Do you have workwear that’s printed/embroidered with your logo? If not, why? It’s a great way to stand out and give yourself a professional edge!
Get your house in order
How do you create a paper trail? Is it time to switch to a new platform or are you happy with your current process? The world is a digital place nowadays. If you haven’t already, why not move over to an online platform that uses apps, templates, and digital paper trails of things like invoices and taxes to make your life easier. Not only does it save you time and real estate, it allows you to access everything you need at the click of a button. It might even mean you can turn your office into a game’s room instead!
Check out our blog: ‘Helping you to manage your time and workload‘ for more tips.
- Keep your page up to date and looking fresh
- Spend time doing a digital spring clean
- Get your house in order before taking on more work
- Enter the post-lockdown era with a spring in your step!
Find more content in the Checkatrade Community.