In partnership with Kent County Council Trading Standards
Kent County Council Trading Standards and Checkatrade are working in partnership to provide a recommended trader scheme that supports legitimate businesses and helps consumers choose traders they can trust and rely upon.
Each trader under this scheme undergoes a rigorous vetting procedure that includes:
- An interview carried out by Checkatrade or Kent County Council Trading Standards
- Rigorous background checks by Trading Standards, including information that is freely available to the public as well as confidential and restricted information that is supplied by external organisations such as other public authorities, the Citizens Advice Consumer Service and the police.
- Public Liability Insurance checks.
- Identification checks.
- Proof of their commitment to comply with Trading Standards legislation.
- A Criminal Background Check of the owner / responsible person of the business.
- Accreditation and Qualification checks.
- Trading address verification.
- Customer reference checks.
- Continuous monitoring of each business via feedback received from their customers.
These checks offer your clients the reassurance of a unique vetting and monitoring trader scheme. As a member you will be able to proudly display the Kent County Council Trading Standards Approved badge enhancing your reputation as a credible and a hardworking trader in Kent.
There are also many more Member benefits that you can take advantage of.
Kent County Council and Checkatrade are committed to protecting consumers, supporting legitimate business and stopping rogue traders.