Send a message to set-up a video call for a free quote
Skills & expertise
Skills & expertise
We find root cause of damp and can sometimes fix it for no additional cost (time and permission permitting). There is money back guarantee if we find rising damp. Covid update; we have started surveying properties again.
We are surveying properties, subject to Government guideline using PPE and social distancing.
The cost of surveys is fixed. For guidance it is roughly 25% of the fee charged by a good London based RICS surveyor.
See website for service details;
Homebuyer damp surveys
Homebuyer damp surveys cover all aspects of damp within a property and includes an identification of the root cause(s) and risk assessment for:
- rot and woodworm (sub-floor and lofts),
- condensation from insufficient ventilation,
- rising damp from groundwater,
- leaks from mains water,
- penetrating damp from rainwater.
What to expect
Damp surveys take up to 90 minutes. They are not quotes for work, but include estimates if any additional work is required (by a specialist or general builder). They are designed to identify and solve your problem permanently by fixing the root cause of damp, which time and permission permitting and be fixed in most cases during the survey.
There will be a follow-up report in about 1 day for homebuyers and 7 days for landlords and homeowners, with additional recommendations for keeping the property damp, mould and rot free.
CHANGES CAUSE DAMP
Think about it; your house was not built damp; changes cause damp.
Fully Vetted Trade
Accreditations and Memberships
- PCA- Certificated Surveyor of Dampness in Buildings.
- Certificate of Attendance- Letting and Property Management Part 1.
- The Institute of Specialist Surveyors and Engineers- Robert Hichens is a Member.
- Damp Surveys Ltd are a member of SPAB (The society for the protection of ancient buildings.)
- RICS - Simon Hichens has been awarded the RICS Expert Witness Certificate