Mr Russ Pountney
Skills & expertise
Skills & expertise
FULL SERVICES PROVIDED:
- REMOVALS & MAN and VAN - We're happy to move from any level with or without a lift and don't charge extra for stairs.
- CLEARANCES/RECYCLING - We can help with any of your recycling and rubbish requirements.
- STORAGE MOVES - whether you’re moving in or out of storage, we can help. We also offer free advice and guidance on how and where to get the best deal for your storage needs. We are recommended by "The Self-Storage Company" and Titan self-storage facilities.
- WRAPPING SERVICE - we can wrap up furniture and mattresses even before we lift it onto the van. Double protected on the van with transit blankets.
- PACKING SERVICE - such as bubble wrapping fragile items, protecting, and packing crockery, boxing up toys, etc, etc!
- UNPACKING SERVICE - we can unpack and place your items exactly where you require, saving you stress and hassle.
- FURNITURE TO CHARITY - if your unwanted furniture is still in good condition, we can take it to a charity shop. Fabrics will require a fire label.
- DELIVERIES - from sofas, wardrobes, bikes to desks, you name it, we deliver it!
- FURNITURE DISASSEMBLY & REASSEMBLY - when your furniture won't fit through the door!
- INSURANCE - We have full Goods in Transit insurance up to £20,000 per van in place for ALL JOBS, plus £1,000,000 Public Liability Insurance for your peace of mind.
- CANCELLATION CHARGES - we do not charge in the event you need to cancel or change the dates for your move
- EVENINGS & WEEKENDS - our rates are no more at these times
- SAFETY FIRST - all our vans come equipped with straps, heavy duty bungee cords and transit blankets as standard. Our care of your items is our main priority.
- ENGLISH SPEAKING - all our staff speak English to fluent level, ensuring no miscommunications
- PORTERS - all our porters are experienced professionals and capable of lifting very heavy items in a careful manner.
CLIENTS WHO'VE TRUSTED US WITH THEIR MOVE:
- Client 1
A city-based art dealer; we moved her to her new London based home, including her £1,000,000 art collection. Each artwork was very carefully protected before transit to ensure no damages.
- Client 2
A 2-time female PFA and world footballer of the year. We helped her move into her new home, including careful disassembly and reassembly of numerous furniture items.
- Client 3 - we were asked to collect a very heavy games table by Bournemouth FC from the house of one of the world’s most famous international football players in Oxshott, Surrey. We carefully delivered it to his friend, a very well-known French international player in Bournemouth.
- Client 4 - the family of a legendary British magician requested our help for their move. Now that’s magic.
- Client 5 - a hugely well-known EastEnders and tabloid favourite and her musician partner trusted us to move her items into her new home.
- Client 6 - a British Olympic sprint legend. We safely dealt with his furniture and packages.
HANDYMAN & BUILDING WORKS:
We look forward to hearing from you.
The reviews below represent customers' views and not the views of Checkatrade
100 mile house move from a fourth floor flat to a three storey house
IQ removals were incredible in supporting us in our house move from London to Lincolnshire. We had the added complexity of living in a two level, fourth floor flat with no lift coupled with restricted access. I was genuinely in shock when everything was loaded up and ready to go by 10am with everything unloaded in our new house (100 miles away!) by 2pm. The team worked flat out, were super professional, demonstrated some impeccable negotiation skills to secure vehicle access to the door to our property and not one item was broken or damaged in the move. Could not recommend them more highly!
Absolutely super removal company. We were recommended them by two other house that moved. And now we know why. Great guys to work with !
Furniture removal 4 bedroom house Long distance
Excellent service, efficient and friendly team. All items were well looked after and arrived in perfect condition. Fragile items were treated with the upmost care. Highly recommend.
3 bed flat to 5 bed house
Not a happy customer. Quote was received after a video call. Team arrived on time, and seemed to have things in hand. Didn’t bring wardrobe boxes I ordered and two of the team left to get boxes. They hadn’t brought enough van space, first vans left for new house at 1, was told another van would be with us at 3.15. It finally turned up at 5.30, and finally left our new home at 10pm. 14 hours later! Russ left me to communicate with drivers and never checked in that everything was okay. Delivery team left boxes on ground floor meant for too floor. Disappointed and very stressful
Reply from IQ Removals
Absolutely hold my hands up at this job did not go well. On a very temporary basis, we lost 2 vans to breakdowns (all fixed ) and several staff members down (sign of the times unfortunately), causing a rather difficult job for all concerned. Such a job has never happened before and I will make absolutely sure it doesn’t happen again. Would like to advise this was a pure one off and would guide customers to our other 200 positive references. Back now fully staffed and with all vans. Have communicated with the customer during and post-job to apologise.
House move from Bucks to Hampshire
Russ, Mish and Das were fantastic. They really took care with all of our possessions. The team arrived on time and went to work straight away. The unload process was just as efficient. Really good value for money. Quote was great, people were great and move is now complete.
Removal from Milton Keynes to Reading
I could not have asked for a better removals experience. The guys were fantastic - very friendly and helpful. They arrived ahead of schedule and patiently waited until I was home. They worked tirelessly moving us from Milton Keynes to Reading with no issues whatsoever. They reassembled our beds at the new property, plumbed in our washing machine and unloaded the van to all of the rooms we asked for. Cannot recommend them highly enough. Particular shout out to Drew who had to put up with us for two days but all of the lads were excellent. Do not hesitate to use IQ.
- Domestic Work
- Commercial Work
- Free Estimates
TW postcodes, GU postcodes, KT postcodes, RH postcodes, SL postcodes, SM postcodes, Surrey, SW postcodes,, UB postcodes.
Fully Vetted Trade
Accreditations and Memberships
Criminal background check completed on Russ Pountney on 13/11/17