The Nice Electrical Company
Mr Martin Lough
Skills & expertise
Skills & expertise
HMO Requirements are our speciality - ELECTRICAL INSPECTIONS & LD2 / LD3 Smoke Alarm Systems carried out in very quick turnaround to help you meet the council licencing rules.
Portsmouth electrician providing electrical services, fully electrician qualified to the top 2391 Test and Inspection City and Guilds Certificate together with over twenty years experience make us your perfect choice for electrical work. To send me a free mobile phone text message enquiry please click HERE or call or visit my website. I will be very delighted to hear from you.
We have done all of the electrical jobs that you can think of:-
Rewired occupied properties (and unoccupied ones too)
Electric Boiler Installation and maintenance.
Immersion and Storage Heater Maintenance and repair
Cooker and Kitchen Installation
Towel Rail and Bathroom Installation including Under Floor Heating
High end Hi-fi low noise installation
Specialist outdoor lighting
Fuse board upgrades
Remove dodgy wiring
Provide peace of mind for electrical things you are not sure about
Replace Shower units
We undertake electrical surveys and Landlord Certification and hold the correct qualification to do this which is the City and Guild 2391-10.
Many landlords have given us the keys to their complete portfolio of properties and entrusted us to arrange all of their property maintenance. We offer a one stop shop in Landlord Certification, we can do the Electrical Inspection, PAT testing and Energy Performance all in a single visit which keeps tenants happy and saves time in getting the certificates to you.
Some homes are built with no gas services and rely on storage heaters, we now are able to offer electrical boilers using the latest in unvented water system technology which has digital controls which provide an easy to control hot water and heating system for the home.
All of the qualifications held are available for inspection – please ask. We studied long and hard to get them so always welcome an opportunity to show them off a bit. Checkatrade do also check the qualifications that are put on the pages here.
The reviews below represent customers' views and not the views of Checkatrade
Fault check for whole house, new sockets fitted and consumer unit
We've used Nice before and they are thorough, good to deal with, tidy, friendly and fair priced.
Replacement electric shower fitted
Helpful, professional and efficient service. Martin called me shortly after I submitted the enquiry. From reporting the problem to having a new shower took 48 hours and I would definitely use them again.
Wiring of new electric oven
I called the company to enquire if they could fit my oven and within 3 hours it was fitted! Amazing service. Lovely chap, super efficient service. Would thoroughly recommend them 100% and will definitely use again should the need arise.
Refitting of lights
Very efficient and very knowledgeable. Undertook all work with the minimum of fuss. Was very accurate in the placing of light fittings.
Change of main board and previous work
Martin has done work in my flat before by way of my landlord and this time was more major work replacing the main fuse board, with his partner. Excellent work. Martin knows his stuff, as does his partner, great work done, efficient, comprehensive, and completely professional work. Highly recommend. I am glad my landlord/lady use this firm. Top notch work.
Fitting a new fuse box
Martin has done a number of jobs for us most recently fitting a new fuse box. He is very knowledgeable and has always provided an excellent service. Would thoroughly recommend Martin.
- Domestic Work
- Commercial Work
- Free Estimates
- Insurance Work Undertaken
- Cards Accepted
Portsmouth Southsea and surrounding area.
Fully Vetted Trade
Accreditations and Memberships
- NEBOSH Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
- A member of Portsmouth Square Deal – Run by Trading Standards
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in the Requirements for Electrical Installations
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
- City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Fundamental Inspection, Testing and Initial Verification
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in the Requirements for Electrical Installations Awarded Nov 2005
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in the Requirements for Electrical Installations (16th & 17th edition update to BS 7671 2008)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Building Regulations for Electrical Installations in Dwellings
- City & Guilds Part One in Electronic Servicing; Electronic Systems and Assignments
- City & Guilds Part Two in Electronic Servicing; Core Studies, Course work and Industrial Equipment
- City & Guilds Part Three in Electronic Servicing; Microprocessor Computer Systems
- The Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Managements - Environmental Partner
- Contract Design Management CDM Awareness Trained
- RTEEB Electronics Practical Electronic Servicing Certificate