Mr Steve James
Skills & expertise
Skills & expertise
Westbourne Removals offers a friendly, calm and mature service across Dorset and Hampshire onward to the entire UK. With many years of experience, and modern purpose built removal vehicles, the team pride ourselves in service and value.
We offer a free box loan service giving significant savings for our fixed price removal clients. With free box delivery, collection and recycling, its also an environmentally friendly option. A full range of quality discounted packaging materials are also available with free local delivery.
We like to keep things simple for you at what can be a busy time with fixed price removal quotes and payment online or in person with all major cards accepted. Our staff are fully trained and uniformed. We do not use agency or temporary staff.
Westbourne Removals can also provide additional services such as partial or full packing, storage options, clearance & recycling for unwanted items and furniture dismantling / construction. We are happy to discuss your specific requirements during a free no obligation survey.
Planning for your move
• Online and video quotes are available as an alternative to our normal home visits
• Unfortunately, unless it is to remedy a direct risk to the household, we are still unable to undertake a move if anyone in the household is isolating because one or more family members have symptoms, or have been advised to shield, as they are deemed “clinically extremely vulnerable”.
• For those you consider especially vulnerable to COVID-19 please let us know of any specific concerns or measures you feel will be of help on move day
• For flats, sheltered housing and care home settings, the move plan and risk assessment should include any Warden, House Manager or Management Committee policy or visitor approval requirements. We are happy to work with those stakeholders directly to plan your move.
• PPE suitable to all move settings is available as required. The current Government advice is that additional PPE beyond what we would normal use is of extremely limited benefit and should be rationed to protect supplies.
• We appreciate however that householders may request the use of certain PPE or face coverings in certain circumstances and we are happy to accommodate reasonable requests in order to ensure peace of mind.
Move Day - our commitment to you
• Social distancing with our customers maintaining the minimum 2m distance
• Daily staff health declaration and temperature check. Clean uniforms with van and equipment cleaning regime between all moves
• Stable partnering of our move teams – our usual regular full time staff working in stable pairs reducing interaction between staff and customers
• Increased frequency of hand washing, hand sanitiser and surface cleaning. If possible, keeping windows and doors open during move day to ensure ventilation
• Contactless, card and online payment options
Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Dorset, Hampshire and beyond to the whole of the UK