Damp Surveys Ltd
Mr Simon Hichens
Skills & expertise
Skills & expertise
Book online: https://dampsurveys.com/booking-request/
Phone: answered 10AM to midday
Damp proofing by solving damp at source
We damp proof by solving the root cause of damp, mould or rot through rigorous methodical damp surveys.
See an example complex damp survey extract and report: https://dampsurveys.com/example_detailed_report/
Independence reduces cost
Removing the risk of conflict of interests, means we never profit from our recommendations.
If damp is stopped at source then the repair is forever, disruption minimal and inexpensive. For example stopping a leaking stock-cock, unblocking ventilation, unblocking gutters - fixes we have provided for free recently (that is no additional fee). If you don't stop the root cause, then treatment will probably be ineffective or short-term, risking rot, mould, spalling and ongoing ingress.
We love saving owners money and the disruption cause by inappropriate damp proofing treatment.
- While we normally identify the primary root cause of damp, we offer no guarantee.
- For that reason we offer to repay the full survey fee for up to two weeks from the date of the survey report.
- Please see https://dampsurveys.com/legal for complaints policy and other legal matters.
Tell us about a recent quote for damp proofing treatment, the higher the amount, the more we can save you. Typically we save around 95% of the cost of treatment, without disruption and possibly more importantly stop the damp reappearing.
A majority of a properties have already been damp proofed
Look around your property, if there are little dots the size of a coin or disturbed mortar at the base of your wall, then your property has probably had chemical damp proofing and impermeable plaster.
A majority of damp properties in London have previously been damp proofed. If chemicals and impermeable plaster worked, then we would not have a business. See an example; https://dampsurveys.com/example_detailed_report/
Rising damp is exceptionally rare, we provide the full service and repay the fee under a money back guarantee, if we find genuine rising damp.
Homebuyer damp surveys
Homebuyer damp surveys cover all aspects of damp within a property and includes an identification of the root cause(s) and risk assessment for:
- rot and woodworm (sub-floor and lofts),
- condensation from insufficient ventilation,
- rising damp from groundwater,
- leaks from mains water,
- penetrating damp from rainwater.
What to expect
Damp surveys take up to 90 minutes. They are not quotes for work, but include estimates if any additional work is required (e.g. by a general builder). They are designed to identify and solve your problem permanently by fixing the root cause of damp.
There will be a follow-up report in about 7 days depending on complexity, with additional recommendations for keeping the property damp, mould and rot free.
CHANGES CAUSE DAMP!
Think about it; your house was not built damp; changes cause damp.
London, Greater London
Fully Vetted Trade
Accreditations and Memberships
- PCA- Certificated Surveyor of Dampness in Buildings.
- Certificate of Attendance- Letting and Property Management Part 1.
- The Institute of Specialist Surveyors and Engineers- Robert Hichens is a Member.
- Damp Surveys Ltd are a member of SPAB (The society for the protection of ancient buildings.)
- RICS - Simon Hichens has been awarded the RICS Expert Witness Certificate