Loft House Carpentry
- Lofts / Loft Ladders
William Sendall & Mick Sendall
Services & Skills
- Domestic Work
- Commercial Work
- Free Estimates
- Builder19 skillsBasement / Cellar ConversionsCar PortsCladdingExtensions / ConversionsGarage ConversionsGarden StudiosGeneral BuildingGreen Oak FramingHeritage Property SpecialistLoft ConversionsNew BuildsPartition WallsPeriod Property RestorationProject ManagementRefurbishmentsRepair and Listed Building SpecialistSustainable ConstructionTree HousesWorkshop Design / Construction
- Carpenter17 skillsArchitravesBarn ConversionsBespoke FurnitureBespoke StaircasesBespoke Windows / DoorsBuilt In FurnitureCabinet Makers / Handmade FurnitureCupboardsDoor Fitting / HangingGeneral CarpentryJoineryLog CabinsRadiator CoversSkirtingStaircasesTruss RoofingWooden / Timber Structures
- Kitchens7 skillsBespoke Kitchens - Supply & InstallationKitchen Doors - InstallationKitchen Doors - RepairKitchen Doors - Supply & InstallationKitchen Fitters - InstallationKitchen Fitters - Supply & InstallationWorktops - Solid Wood
- Lofts / Loft Ladders2 skillsLoft Ladder InstallerLoft Ladder Supplier
Lofthouse brings together father and son to form a partnership that prides itself in quality of workmanship. We are specialist loft-conversion and carpentry experts. With over 30 years' experience in all aspects of Carpentry and Building, Mick and Wills have the knowledge and expertise to accomplish your project to the highest standard.
Based in Horsham and Brighton, respectively, we cover West Sussex, East Sussex and Surrey. Recently most of our work has been in either Reigate, Horsham or Brighton.
Although focusing on carpentry, loft-conversions and refurbishment's, we undertake all aspects of general building. From hanging a new front door, restoring sash windows, laying a reclaimed wood floor, constructing a new extension, or timber framed out building, our exuberant approach remains the same.
When needed we bring together a select team of highly skilled tradespeople to achieve the level of finish and quality that we expect and you deserve. We also bring along our Henry! In other words we're good at hoovering up at the end of the day and will respect you and your home.
Client relations are very important to us; we are polite and friendly to talk to, give impartial advice and free estimates.
Please look no further for your loft-conversion, carpentry or general building quote. Call us today!
The reviews below represent customers' views and not the views of Checkatrade
Will understood from the start how we wished to incorporate the new work into the old style of the house and we had a great rapport with both Will and Milo. The quality of work and attention to detail was excellent and we would have no hesitation in recommending Lofthouse Carpentry to anyone who wants this kind of work done on their home. Top job guys!
DORMER LOFT CONVERSION TO EDWARDIAN TERRACED HOUSE
Will and Milo have done sterling work converting our dusty old loft space into an airy, sun filled room with a Juliet balcony providing an awesome view to the sea and over the town. The Brighton cityscape at night is so amazing that we’ve taken to calling it the Penthouse. All through the process, from planning, to building, to bringing in the other trades, we were kept informed and encouraged to view the work as it progressed. Will understood from the start how we wished to incorporate the new work into the old style of the house and we had a
Double mansard heritage loft conversion (incl. New bathroom), removal of chimney breasts
Will, Milo and the rest of the team were fantastic from start to finish. Great communication and a pleasure to work with. The loft conversion was complex due to heritage requirements (and being a narrow Brighton home!) and we couldn't be happier with the result. They are very skilled at what they do and kept us informed throughout the process. It has added a master bedroom and spacious bathroom at the top of the house as well as adding more space in 2 other bedrooms. Would definitely work with the lovely team at Lofthouse again!
Replacement of internal doors
Will recently did a job for us replacing our internal doors. He was great to deal with and did a smashing job. We will definitely be using him again in the future.
A large roof extension
The work is ongoing into May. It is a large job. The team are hard working, know what they are doing, very polite and friendly and reliable. Work done so far is very impressive.
Large loft conversion - two bedrooms and an en-suite
We are thrilled with our loft conversion! Mick and Jason's attention to detail was exemplary - true perfectionists. They were reliable and professional, and ensured disruption was kept to a minimum. They were sympathetic to our needs as a family, ensuring the site remained safe with a toddler and newborn in tow! Will ensured we were kept up to date with progress, and fully involved us in design decisions. He only ever used reliable and skilled tradespeople. We couldn't have asked for more! We will certainly use them for future projects and be recommending them to our friends.
We cover Sussex and Surrey; focusing on Horsham, Reigate, Brighton and the A23/A24 corridors.
Fully Vetted Trade
Mr William Sendall
Current: Self-Certified on: 22/12/2022
Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Plc
Accreditations and Memberships
City and Guilds
- University of Brighton School of Engineering Bachelor of Science (Honours) award - Third Class Honours
- City & Guilds Intermediate Construction Award - Knowledge Test for Wood Occupations - Site Carpentry - 100/1254/0
- Cskills Award Level 2 Intermediate Construction Award in Wood Occupations - Site Carpentry (100/1254/0) is awarded to William Sendall.
- GRP Roofing Theory
- Health and Safety
- Storage and Handling
- Material Estimation
- Cure It Installation