Who do I call out for a leak above window? | Checkatrade
Review a Trade

Have you completed a project recently? Let your tradesperson know how they did.

Advice Centre

Get Inspired! Check the latest industry expertise and read insider tips from our vetted tradespeople.

Search For A Trade

We interview and vet all our tradespeople to ensure they meet our high standards.

Join Checkatrade

Join us and benefit from the millions of potential customers who use Checkatrade to find reliable tradespeople.

Advice Centre

Grow your business! Check out top tips and expert advice for boosting your reputation online.

Login To Your Account

Edit your profile, view callback requests and ask for feedback from customers.

Who do I call out for a leak above window?

Question: There are two patches above my window that look water damaged and when it rains there is a leak. It’s hard to tell where the leak is coming from but it drips down the blinds and onto the sill. I’m just wondering whether there is anything I can do myself to stop the leaks or if anyone knows whether I need to call a window specialist or a general builder?

Find a local window expert

Alan Hughes, Sunshine 20 Windows and Doors

I would call someone out to have a look if your local to Retford area I would be more then happy to come and have a look

Lee Windsor, Monarch Window Doctor

I would call someone professional out, builder or window specialist for that problem to find the leak, then deal with the right trade

Alicia McColl, County Windows (Winchester) Ltd

If it’s coming in above the window then it’s less likely to be the window as water runs downwards. As the previous contributor said I would be inclined to call out a specialist, perhaps a builder to start with. If it’s safe to do so you could also get a ladder and have a look at the guttering or if any tiles are dislodged on the roof.

Got a question and need an expert’s advice? Ask a trade today!

Find a local window expert


Related Questions

Find a local window expert