Which tradesperson do I need to fix a leak above my window panel? | Checkatrade
Request a quote
Review a Trade

Have you completed a project recently? Let your tradesperson know how they did.

Advice Centre

Get Inspired! Check the latest industry expertise and read insider tips from our vetted tradespeople.

Search For A Trade

We interview and vet all our tradespeople to ensure they meet our high standards.

Join Checkatrade

Join us and benefit from the millions of potential customers who use Checkatrade to find reliable tradespeople.

Advice Centre

Grow your business! Check out top tips and expert advice for boosting your reputation online.

Login To Your Account

Edit your profile, view callback requests and ask for feedback from customers.

Which tradesperson do I need to fix a leak above my window panel?

Question: Hi, I have a leak coming through a window panel above my living room window (hope that makes sense?). The leak has caused some wooden panels on the ceiling to rot and now there is a damp smell in the room. I’m not sure which tradesperson I need for this job?

Search your postcode to find your local trade


Wayne De Wet, Wayne De Wet, Caister on Sea

Any leak is a leak too many! I would highly recommend that you contact a local Checkatrade member, a window company or a builder as you need confirmation of where the leak is coming from. Water is an incredible issue when leaking and huge damage can be done.
On my current job site, the bathroom in the upstairs apartment has been seriously leaking for 7 months into the ground floor apartment I am restoring. Twice a day for 6 months it has to be extracted from the damp ceiling and walls.

Search your postcode to find your local trade

Tell us what you think

Please note, you cannot leave a review, or contact a tradesperson by commenting.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

What others think of this article:

No comments yet!

Also in this project