Cleaning the oven is one of those housework chores that can be a little gruesome. Thankfully there are dedicated professionals who specialise in turning grime to gleam. In this oven cleaning prices guide you’ll find average UK costs for professional oven cleaners.
Whether you’re fed up with your oven looking dirty, it’s started to affect the taste of your food, or you’re moving out of a rented property – it’s time to get your oven cleaned professionally.
Let your local oven cleaning experts do the dirty work, so you can focus on enjoying cooking using a sparkling oven.
|Item||Cost range||Average cost||Timescale|
|Standard oven||-||£50||1-2 hours|
|Double oven||-||£70||1-2 hours|
|Range cooker||£80-£100||£90||2-3 hours|
|Ceramic/glass hob||£15-20||£17.50||30-60 mins|
|Gas/electric hob||-||£15||30-60 mins|
|Hood/extractor fan||-||£15||30-60 mins|
How much does oven cleaning cost?
A standard oven cleaning for a single oven in the UK will cost around £50. However, there are a number of factors that can affect the prices of a professional oven cleaning service:
- Size and style of the oven
- Condition of dirt
- Extent of the clean (it will cost more to have the hob and extractor cleaned too)
- Location (oven cleaning is cheaper in some parts of the country than others)
Average oven cleaning cost: £50
What’s involved in professional oven cleaning?
Professional oven cleaners will come equipped with the latest tools and products to provide high level oven cleaning. In most cases that means they will:
- Clean the interior cavity, door, glass and racks of your oven.
- Take out the removable parts of the oven and soak them in a specialised cleaning solution.
- Use biodegradable, fume free, non-caustic and other eco-friendly products.
- Clean all oven makes and models within 3 hours.
Types of oven
Average single oven cleaning cost: £50
Time: 1-2 hours
Single ovens are what the majority of British homeowners have in their kitchen. They’re about 60cm tall and are often slotted under countertops or at eye level.
Cleaning a single oven is the most straightforward and comes with the lowest price tag.
Average double oven cleaning cost: £70
Time: 1-2 hours
Designed for family cooking and entertaining, a double oven offers more versatility for cooking. Double ovens are commonly installed at eye-level and measure about 90cm high.
In general, double cookers are fairly straightforward to clean but they can take slightly longer and cost more because of their size.
Average range cooker cleaning cost: £90
Time: 2-3 hours
A range cooker combines an oven and hob in one and is typically bigger than a standard oven. Many range cookers feature two ovens, as well as a separate grill, warming drawers, and sometimes even storage compartments.
Due to their larger size and more complex structure, cleaning range cookers takes longer and costs more than standard ovens.
Average hob cleaning cost: £15-£20
Time: 30-60 mins
There are commonly five types of hob in UK homes, these are ceramic, gas, electric, induction and domino. The cleaning process will vary slightly between the different hob types but should generally be done in under an hour, whichever hob you have.
How long does professional oven cleaning take?
Cleaning a standard oven, hob and hood takes about 1-3 hours. For larger ovens and range cookers cleaning may take longer (and cost more).
Benefits of professional oven cleaning
It might seem obvious that having your oven cleaned professionally means it gives you a fresh and clean oven to use. There are also a number of other benefits that more than justify the price you pay for professional oven cleaning:
- Professionals have the right equipment to take your oven apart and give it a thorough cleaning, quickly and easily.
- Clean ovens are safer as burnt-on food and grease increases the risk of an oven fire.
- Better energy efficiency because burnt-on residue requires more energy to heat up the oven, and a clean oven door means you don’t need to open it to check your food.
- Save time by letting a professional clean your oven much quicker and more thoroughly than doing it yourself.
- Food tastes better cooked in a clean oven because it’s not taking on the flavours of old food residue.
- Saves money thanks to the improved efficiency lowering your energy bills.
- Avoid the hassle and mess of the cleaning process and the clean-up afterwards.
Can I clean my oven myself?
You certainly can, however it’s unlikely you’ll be able to reach the same level of cleanliness that a professional oven cleaning service can offer for the cost. Plus, it will take you a lot longer as you most likely won’t have the right tools or cleaning agents to do a thorough job easily.
Additional costs to consider
As well as the cost of cleaning the main oven unit itself, there are additional costs to consider. Depending on your oven type you’ll probably want the professional cleaning service to also clean the hob and extractor fan/hood, so include that in your.
Average additional oven cleaning price list
- Ceramic/glass hob cleaning cost: £17.50
- Gas/electric hob cleaning cost: £15
- Oven hood/extractor cleaning cost: £15
Useful oven cleaning checklist
- Speak to your local oven cleaning experts for advice and accurate prices.
- Ask if they offer eco-friendly or chemical free oven cleaning services.
- Request a detailed quote so you know what the oven cleaning prices include (racks, hob, hood, etc)
- When hiring a professional tradesperson make sure they are licensed and insured
- Find out how long the job will take and how long before you can use your oven again
- Always shop around to get fair and competitive prices.
Find an oven cleaner near you
Tell us what you think
What others think of this cost guide:
Need More Information?