A projector can really add the wow factor to a room. Whether you’re homeschooling, working from home or watching a film, it can add another dimension to your room without having to compromise on space like you would with an 80 inch TV.
If you’re thinking about installing a projector and screen, then read on to find out the average projector installation cost in our handy guide.
Projector installation cost
|Cost provided item||Unit||Cost - low||Cost -high||Average cost|
|Epson EH-TW7300||Projector and installation||-||-||£2,300|
|Epson EH-TW9300||Projector and installation||-||-||£2,700|
|Epson EH-TW9300W||Projector and installation||-||-||£3,000|
|Epson EH-LS10500||Projector and installation||-||-||£6,000|
For the projector and installation of a range of popular Epson projectors, you’re looking at an average cost between £2,300 – £6,000.
The cost of a projector and the installation will, however, depend on a number of factors. Such as:
- The model of the projector.
- The difficulty of putting it up, for example, is it going to be positioned in a hard to reach place so it’s out of the way.
- The size of the screen you have and where in the room it’ll go.
- Geographical location. For example, prices in London tend to skew higher.
Getting a projector installation quote from a professional will ensure that it’s fitted correctly with the correct wiring and the correct angles. If you want to take it to the next step and have a home cinema, think about the extra furnishings – a plump seat to sink into and a beer fridge being two must-haves! Take a look at our home cinema cost guide for some inspiration.
Our prices are a rough guide and you should get quotes from installers near you to get an accurate cost for your project. These costs cover the cost of the projector and installation combined, but you could buy the projector separately and hire someone to come in and fit it.
Use our free search tool below to find a professional near you.
Find a projector installer near you
The projector screen installation cost will depend on the size and make of the screen. Typically you can pick screens up from between £99 – £2,000. You can get a permanent screen and if you don’t feel confident installing it correctly, then it’s worth getting a handyman in. A handyman costs on average between £20 – £30 an hour, and having it fitted correctly will ensure your peace of mind.
- Ensure that your room is dark enough to benefit a projector – too much light and you won’t be able to see what you’re watching.
- Find the projector that’s right for you. If you’re having one installed in a small room you may not need as big a projector and this could save on costs.
- Get multiple quotes from professional tradespeople to find the right one for you.
- The most important thing to get right when installing a projector is to work out the throw distance. This is different for different projectors and is something you should be able to find out before purchasing. Hiring a professional to mount and install your projector will ensure it’s perfect.
Find a projector installer near you
Also in this project
Home cinema installation cost guide
Home cinemas used to only exist in the homes of the rich and famous. Not anymore...
Cellar conversion cost guide
Unlock your cellar’s potential with our cellar conversion cost guide. Upgrade ...
Man cave cost guide
Deciding to create a man cave (or woman cave) is one of the more fun home improv...
Tell us what you think
What others think of this cost guide:
Need More Information?