Last updated on May 16th, 2022
Resin floor cost guide
As well as being an extremely tough and practical material for flooring, resin flooring also feels warm underfoot. It also comes in a range of finishes that make for an attractive contemporary floor; from the smooth style of a polished resin floor to the colourful options of poured resin.
|Flooring type||Range - Low (per m2)||Range - High (per m2)||Average cost (per m2)|
|High performance polyurethane flooring||£50||£100||£75|
Our costs are ballpark averages – get a local tradesperson to quote now
Resin floor cost
The average resin floor cost per square metre is between £7 and £15 per m2 for floor coating. If, however, you want the ultimate resin flooring and opt for a high-performance polyurethane flooring, the resin floor cost per square metre will be a lot higher, more in the region of £50 - £100 per m2.
Whatever type of resin flooring option you go for, preparation is key. Your floors will need to be in good condition before any resin is added, so make sure you factor in the cost of any floor prep work into your budget.
If you’re interested in resin flooring to create a penny floor, then take a look at our penny floor cost guide.
Factors affecting overall cost
There are a number of factors that will affect the price you pay for a resin floor, including:
- Condition of existing flooring and extent of prep work needed.
- Any substrate or structural layers needed before pouring.
- Size and layout of floor area.
- Type of resin floor used. For example, a polished resin floor cost may be higher.
- Any special finishes, such as anti-slip coating.
- Where you live.
One thing to note about the size of the floor area is that larger areas will be more expensive in total, but you will typically get a lower resin floor cost per square metre, thanks to economies of scale.
Poured resin floor cost
If resin flooring sounds like it could be a good option for your home, we recommend speaking to your local specialists to get an accurate quote of their poured resin floor cost per square metre.
Make sure you shop around to ensure you’re being quoted fair and competitive prices for resin flooring in your area.
Epoxy resin floor cost
The average epoxy resin floor cost can vary quite a lot depending on the nature of your flooring project, but you can expect to pay somewhere in the region of £85 per m2. Though it can range from as low as £20 up to £150 per m2 for a white resin floor cost.
The process of laying epoxy resin flooring is it is made up of numerous layers of epoxy resin, the more layers required, the higher the cost per square metre.
Garage resin floor cost
Garage floors take a beating. From the weight of heavy vehicles and equipment to the constant threat of chemical products spilling on them and scratches and scrapes from tools, bikes and more. That’s why a tough material like resin flooring can be an excellent choice for a garage floor.
Typically epoxy resin is considered an ideal choice for a garage, meaning your average garage resin floor cost will be around £85 per m2. For that, you’ll get a durable, chemical-resistant floor that can also add a visual boost to your garage. Goodbye plain concrete, hello shiny resin.
- Resin flooring is a strong contender if you’re looking for a long-lasting, durable floor.
- The choice of colours and finishes of resin flooring means you can choose a style to match your home’s interior.
- Resin flooring feels warm underfoot, but can also be combined with underfloor heating.
- For accurate resin floor costs in your area, we recommend speaking to your local flooring specialists.
- Shop around for fair and competitive prices.
- When hiring a tradesperson ask to see examples of their recent work and always check out their customer ratings and reviews.